Conditions Treated with Bioidentical Hormones
As a member of the American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine and the American Academy of Family Practice, St. Louis Hormone Replacement Therapy Specialist, Bryan Warner, M.D. offers his patients in the St. Louis Missouri area the knowledge and experience necessary to develop customized Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy programs designed for optimal results. Dr. Warner has helped thousands of women and men in the St Louis area with hormone issues throughout his career and treats a variety of hormone related conditions using Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy at his BodyLogicMD practice in St Louis Missouri.
Advanced treatment protocols using Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy have allowed Bryan Warner, M.D. to help men and women in the St Louis MIssouri area to overcome the side effects and conditions related to imbalanced, dominant, or deficient hormones. Because hormones play a strong role in many of the body’s daily functions, hormonal imbalances can severely influence total health and wellness. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can safely and naturally restore optimal hormone balance and improve the overall quality of life.
Bryan Warner, M.D.’s extensive training in bioidentical hormones has equipped him to successfully treat many conditions associated with hormonal imbalances.
Bioidentical Hormones can be used to Treat:
- Hormone decline in women usually begins around the age of 35, and this initial phase of hormone decline is known as perimenopause. During this phase, estrogen and progesterone begin to decline, and women can experience symptoms that include fatigue, depression, acne, weight gain, mental fogginess, low libido, and irregular periods. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help women to slow down the process of hormone decline by replacing deficient hormones. It can help women to regulate their periods, have more energy, improve mental cognition, lose weight, and increase their sex drive.
- Menopause results in the decline of ovarian function in women. This reduces the body’s reserves of progesterone and estrogen, which are both essential for many areas of mental, sexual, and physical health. Some of the common symptoms women experience during menopause include mood swings, hot flashes, insomnia, depression, night sweats, vaginal dryness, anxiety, and the atrophy of vaginal and uterine tissues. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can be used to supplement the body with progesterone and estrogen, helping to reduce the symptoms of menopause and reducing the risk of heart disease and osteoporosis.
- As men approach middle age, testosterone levels begin to decline naturally. As testosterone declines, men often notice a reduction in libido, reduced muscle tone, weight gain, mood swings, fatigue, hair loss, and erectile dysfunction. Unfortunately, men often feel like they have lost their virility, which often results in self-consciousness and anxiety. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may prove helpful for men dealing with androgen imbalances. By supplementing testosterone, men can regain libido and improve muscle tone, which offers many mental and quality of life benefits.
- The thyroid gland is responsible for releasing hormones that control the efficiency and speed of the body’s metabolism. Hypothyroidism, which is often referred to as an underactive thyroid, often causes low blood pressure, cold sensitivity, goiter, weight gain, depression, thinning hair, and lethargy. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may be used to effectively treat thyroid problems, particularly hypothyroidism.
- An excessive production of thyroid hormone is known as hyperthyroidism, and this condition can have adverse effects of the heart if it is not treated. In cases of hyperthyroidism, thyroid hormone speeds up the heart rate, which can lead to myocardial infarcts. Other symptoms of hyperthyroidism can include bulging eyes, excessive weight loss, muscle atrophy, nervousness, panic attacks, anxiety, and insomnia. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy has been shown to greatly reduce the effects of hypothyroidism and help the body to maintain optimal thyroid hormone balance.
- Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome
- Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome is often overlooked and misdiagnosed by traditional doctors. The adrenal glands in the body are responsible for producing hormones that help men and women manage stress from physical, social, and emotional triggers. It also helps the body to fight off infectious diseases. When a person experiences high levels of stress, the adrenal glands cannot keep up, and they literally become fatigued. Common symptoms of adrenal fatigue include cravings for salt and sugar, extreme tiredness, frequent infections and minor illnesses, rapid mood shifts, feeling depressed, lack of focus and concentration, and a low sex drive. Maintaining optimal hormone balance in the adrenal glands with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy has been shown to treat adrenal fatigue syndrome and promote healthy energy levels in men and women.
- Insulin Resistance
- Insulin is a hormone that works to balance blood sugar in the body, attaching to cells and helping cells use sugar in the blood for important metabolic processes within the body. Individuals with pre-diabetes or diabetes often suffer from insulin resistance or a lack of insulin secretion. For many diabetics Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can be used to supplement the body with insulin to manage and treat this condition.
St. Louis Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctor, Bryan Warner, M.D. provides Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy programs that address the symptoms and conditions associated with hormonal decline. Dr. Warner uses Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to optimize the body’s functions and boost overall levels of health and wellness. Thousands of St Louis area patients have been able to restore their health and achieve optimal hormone balance with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.